Wednesday 14 September 2016

ANGRY TENANT BEATS UP FORMER LANDLORD (SEE REASONS)

A former tenant decided to show his anger by beating up his landlord.
41-year-old Jongile Tshegameno was beaten up by a former tenant after he refused to let him rent a shack he had vacated 5 years ago.

The incident which happened in
Dobsonville, Soweto, South Africa, has left Jongile with a wire in his teeth, from the injuries inflicted on him by the tenant.

Here’s what Jongile said:

“I sold the stand to him for R8 000. Later I told him I no longer wanted to sell the stand and I gave him back his money.”

According to Jongile, the man later abandoned his girlfriend and moved away from the house.

“She was unemployed and stayed for free for more than two years, saying she would pay the rent once her boyfriend came back. The woman eventually left, taking everything except a bed, a wardrobe and a kitchen cupboard. That was in December last year.”

Jongile later cleared out the shack and rented it out to another tenant for R1,200, about three months ago. After the tenant moved, he was accosted by the other tenant’s girlfriend and her goons. Read what happened below:

“It was on a Friday, the next day the girlfriend arrived with three men, wanting the shack and its contents. They said they were taking me to the police station but put me in a car and assaulted me. I was only let go after I had shown them where the shack was.”
Four days later the former tenant arrived and asked him for his shack. Here’s what happened:

“I told him that I had sold the shack for the rent I was owed, I took him to his girlfriend’s place and she told us the shack was in Tshepisong. He beat me and I ended up in hospital with wire in my teeth. I opened a case but was told to withdraw it as I constantly had to visit the doctor and couldn’t attend court.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Alex Enoyore.